[Healeys] Castrol Syntec Oil

Bob Haskell rchaskell at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 28 16:08:22 MDT 2012

Chris (and anyone else),

On the Penrite website, the product selector recommends Classic Medium
(25W-70) for the 6 cylinder Austin-Healeys - which they state is for
vehicles that originally used an SAE 40 oil.  Seems like the Classic
Light (20W-60) might be a better match (SAE 30, 20W-40 or 20W-50).

The HPR40 is also 25W-70, so would you stick with the Classic Medium?
HPR or Classic for the street?  Gearbox: Gearbox Oil 30 or 40?

Cheers,

Bob Haskell
AHCA 3000 Mk I registrar
http://www.ciahc.org/registry_3000mk1.php