[Healeys] Castrol Syntec Oil

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 04:05:15 MDT 2012

I've tried most. Still can't go past Penrite HPR 40 or HPR50
1450 ppm of zinc. Designed for our engines.
HPR gives the best oil pressure I've even seen from a hot Healey engine (ie
when you drive off the track)

http://www.penriteoil.com.au/tech_pdfs/192%20LATEST%20ZINC%20LEVELS.pdf

Or http://tinyurl.com/88fks4b

(that's for you Ed. Pain in the ass finding a URL shorter that works on an
iPhone!!!!)
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On 28/06/2012, at 6:13 PM, Oudesluys <coudesluijs at chello.nl> wrote:

> Derek,
> That is the mineral oil though.
> Compared with the old Duckhams 20W50 I find the Castrol 20W50 rather
inferior. Oil pressure can drop considerably when the engine is really hot
after a prolonged motorway run  of around 100mph. With the old Duckhams i had
far less pressure reduction.