[Healeys] Castrol Syntec Oil

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Jun 29 00:17:09 MDT 2012

A xxW70 or higher spec oil would not be my choice as the viscosity with
a warm/hot engine may be to high to cater for enough flow in the system
and starving some areas from oil where sufficient flow is paramount. In
a healthy engine the pressure will be relatively higher than with the
usual 20W50 oil, causing the relieve valve to open early and dumping the
oil back in the sump instead of the oil being transported fast enough to
the parts to be lubricated. So the gauge will register all is fine and
dandy or "better" while the bearings may not get enough oil supplied for
lubrication and cooling.
Kees Oudesluijs

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
E: coudesluijs at chello.nl

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl