[Healeys] Gas tank bottom seal

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 01:04:57 MDT 2012

And put a spirit level on the top of your tank when the car is parked in a
normal level parked position. If the tank is lower at the back of the car,
then put something under the back of the tank. You want the tank tilted
slightly towards the front of the car. I used builders foam which is very
dense and comes in rolls 1/2 in, 1/4 in and 1/8 in thick.
Otherwise the car will run out of fuel with 10 or 15 litres still in the
tank....
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On 16/06/2012, at 4:08 PM, john spaur <jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> It becomes obvious when you set the seal in place and then the tank although
you need to remove the tank again if you don't place the fat edge against the
bulkhead. BTW, I had to put an extra shim piece in on the fat side.

> John
>
> At 08:45 PM 6/15/2012 -0700, Bob Spidell wrote:
>> OK, I know we went over this once, but I can't find it in the archives.  I
just got one of the new rectangular foam rubber seals and it's wedge-shaped as
viewed from the side.  Anyone know for sure which way it should slope in the
car; i.e. skinny edge towards front of car, or rear?