[Healeys] Gas tank bottom seal

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Jun 16 01:40:46 MDT 2012

Foam may be concours correct but it will hold water and eventually it
rots out boot floor edges or tank. Place the tank in the correct
position on small solid rubber or wooden strips perpendicular to the
rims. Then carefully apply PU sealant in the space between tank and
floor and finish using the usual method of finger and soapy water. Let
dry and after the sealant is set remove the strips and apply more
sealant to the gaps left by the strips. If any water from condensation
or leakage will show it will evaporate quickly instead of being absorbed
by foam with all its consequences.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
E: coudesluijs at chello.nl

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl