[Healeys] screw mismatch in 147-015 Headlight adjustment kit?

Roland Wilhelmy rwil at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 31 16:17:37 MDT 2012

As a note for any other Healey owner who has to use the Moss 147-015
kit, here are my results from trying to adapt the pieces to the car.
Take a little bit of the threads off the screws with a wire
brush/grinder to make retapping to 10 - 32 easier.  Tap with 10 - 32
tap.  Then you will see that the heads of the screws are too large to
fit inside the holes on the headlamp holder, so you have to grind the
head diameter down to fit.  Add your own washer between spring and
head of screw, and Bob's your uncle.

No word yet from Moss whether all of their 147-015 kits have the
metric screws or not.

-Roland
BN1 #724