[Healeys] screw mismatch in 147-015 Headlight adjustment kit?

Roland Wilhelmy rwil at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 27 17:12:24 MDT 2012

I am doing a test fit of fenders, doors, and various attachements
thereto before final steps in finishing.  When I tried to use the
headlight adjustment screws from Moss' kit, they would not fit the
headlight shells.  I tried some Moss' 10-32 screws and they fit just
fine (too short for this purpose, though).  The HL Adj Kit screws
appear to be M5 x 0.8 screws, 30 mm long.  The length is a tad short
of 1.25 inches.  The M5 screws mike out at about .191" vs about .180"
for 10-32 screws.  Has anyone else run into this problem?

I guess I have to bring this up with Moss and get the right bits.  For
$7, I think Moss should be able to provide three correct screws, three
springs and three plastic caps.

-Roland
BN1 #724