[Healeys] High Octane Gas

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Jul 28 11:05:02 MDT 2012

This will not damage your engine, nor would you have to change oil more
frequently, in general the bearing will carry a slightly lower load. You
have to advance the ignition as high octane is slower burning. How much
should be found out by trial and error. It depends on the CR, Valve
timing, carbon build up etc.
Start with about 5 degrees, retard 1 degree (or more) if pinking occurs,
if no pinking advance 1 degree. If you found the timing at which the
engine just does not pink, retard a further 1 degree.
Kees Oudesluijs

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
E: coudesluijs at chello.nl

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl