[Healeys] High Octane Gas

Fred Wescoe fredwescoe at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 09:35:40 MDT 2012

List,

I need some wisdom and experience from others on this.

I have accidentally stumbled across a small supplier who sells 110 octane,
non ethanol gas as a regular thing.  Not an airport, the local airport will
not sell it to me.

The question is, if I use it, will 110 octane fuel, in a standard Healey
(68,000 miles, not rebuilt) engine, damage the engine in anyway?

If I use it, should I tune the engine differently; IE timing, points, plugs
or even change the oil more frequently?  I have a very old Sears tune up
meter with which I precisely adjust points, dwell and timing so those
things are not done by ear".  I also use a Color Tune to adjust the carbs.

What else should I be aware off?

Fred
63 BJ7