[Healeys] Replacing rear suspension bushes

Simon Lachlan simon.lachlan at homecall.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 06:10:05 MDT 2012

Agreed 100%. When I "did" my rear suspension, I had to cut with a
reciprocating saw to get the springs off. I then couldn't get the bushes and
sleeves out of one spring with a club hammer. ie with spring on workshop
floor, with room to use a sledge if I wanted. (I was replacing everything
and was curious as to just how much they had welded themselves in). Access
is everything....you'll wind up using brute force/cutting/cooking, so allow
for replacing the sleeves, stainless per Kees, as well.
We are talking about the bushes in the springs aren't we?
Simon.