[Healeys] BN1

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Sun Jul 22 04:37:20 MDT 2012

Gergo.
Josef is 100% right!
Forget it.
Once again, and I say this sincerely, you are choosing one of the cheapest
models of  Healey. But this time, you are choosing the most difficult
(expensive) of the cheapest.
100/6's and BN1's are the combination of cheapest/ high volume production.
An early BN1 - It's the restoration an enthusiast undertakes.
Do a later car. Early BN1? Too many critics. Too hard.
Want to churn out income based  restos? Cheap to start? Any later BN1 upgraded
with BN2 stuff - focus on a clean honest reliable cheaper driver.

Seriously
Sincerely.
Chris

Sent from my iPhone

On 22/07/2012, at 5:55 PM, <Josef.Eckert at t-systems.com> wrote:

> Hi Gergo,
> First thing, an early BN1 is different to a late BN1. So the earlier the
more
> difficult to get the right parts. As I know you want to sell the car after
> restoration, I can only recommend to you - forget it anyway. I guess you
want
> to keep it half way original, then you can`t win. All parts you need and
new
> parts do not fit, are very expensive (compared to 6cyl. parts) and
extremely
> difficult to get, at least here in middle Europe. You need to buy on ebay
when
> offered from US sellers or frequently travel to UK autojumbles.
> So to make a list you can start with: engine parts, gearbox, rear axle
(early
> cars), suspension, windscreen, hood frame, instruments, bumpers, etc. etc.
>
> Josef Eckert
> Konigswinter/Germany
> 54 BN1, 62 BT7, 65 Sprite
>
> -----Urspr|ngliche Nachricht-----