[Healeys] Tranny rebuild turned brake job

Per Schoerner healeyguy at bredband.net
Thu Jul 19 05:31:13 MDT 2012

Greg
If the pipes in the original set up are in good condition there's no
point in replacing them. I think you should start with the rubber parts,
especially the flexible hoses, they disintegrate over time and can be
blocked. If the rear cylinders are good you can reuse them, they are not
difficult to dismantle, replace all rubber parts in them. Also replace
all rubber parts in the master cylinder, after examining for faults of
course. Use rubber grease when assembling, everything goes in very
smoothly when grease with rubber grease. And clean out the pipes with
compressed air. Keep everything clean and you should be OK.

Per in Sweden