[Healeys] Windshield wipers

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Fri Jul 13 09:53:11 MDT 2012

'Motomaster' is Canadian ... not much use to me in California. I've never seen nor heard of 'Tridon,' either. 'Round here, I see Bosch, Trico, Goodyear, Rainmaster and Anco (occasionally); none--except Anco, and they're black--look like they would would work out of the box nor could they be adapted.

I've tried trimming longer blades but not had any luck. Many come with a stainless metal piece that would be difficult to trim. Also, Healey blades are narrower WRT to the mounting brackets; modern blades are half-again as wide (what you might call the 'track'). All the manufacturers seem to use a different style of track and bracket.

Another issue is, although the piece that fits to the arm is more-or-less standard--many blades come with several adapters--the 5mm 'bayonet' style fitting is not supported by too many manufacturers (Anco excepted). I had high hopes for the Trico 'Classic,' but they won't fit a 5mm bayonet.

Thanks for the tips, but I'm still looking for a decent 'out-of-the-box' replacement.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA