[Healeys] Dash Bulbs

Fred Wescoe fredwescoe at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 17:01:26 MDT 2012

List,

A month ago, I purchased a new wiring harness from British Wiring and it
came with the usual 2.2 W gauge bulbs.  Looking for something brighter for
the gauges, I communicated with Jeff Zorn at LBCC and purchased the 8 W
Tungsten bulbs (171-0008WDM) @ $ 7 each for the gauges and the # 1157
(170-750H ) brake/tail light bulbs.

The new bulbs screwed into the new harness and the original harness (still
in the car) with a perfect fit in both sockets and no problem with the
gauges, including the generator light socket.  The new bulbs are a bit
longer than the 2.2 W bulbs but no fit problems.  They are brighter than
the 2.2W bulbs.  It is a white light vs a yellow light.  The tail/brake
light # 1157 bulbs also fit the tail light assembly and are brighter as
well.  So, if you are looking for something brighter than standard, these
might work for you as well.

I stopped by the British Wiring operation (in Pennsylvania) and was very
impressed with their product knowledge and service on the harness.  Their
shop was spotless, everywhere.  The harness is manufactured in England and
as an option, was modified for my generator.  They also do some amazing
restoration work on various old British cars.  There were several Triumphs,
Healeys and Aston Martins in restoration progress in the shop, there was
one Aston Martin which was quite rare.  Jeff Zorn was also a great help
with his recommendations on gauge and brake bulbs.

No financial interest, just very satisfied with both British Wiring and
LBCC.  We have a great community of sources available to us.

Fred
BJ7