[Healeys] So. African Healey Replica

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 12 16:13:28 MDT 2012

Jackson.

I really have no idea who owns the "Austin-Healey" name anymore.  I thought it
had been sold by the family to HFI Automotive, but I haven't read anything
about them  in quite a while.  It seems terrible to say this, but I wonder if
there's any real commercial value to the name anymore.  It's been 45 yrs since
the last big Healey rolled off the line and I don't see a lot of brand
recognition when  someone younger asks what my car is.  When I tell them, they
say, "Oh yeah, the James Bond car.'  If someone announced today the Stutz
Bearcat was being reintroduced in 2013, would we care?  I've got a feeling
there's no one out there to pay a pack of angry lawyers to send out
threatening letters every time someone uses the Austin-Healey name. Just my
opinion and someone may have a lot more info than I have.

Rick

Follow My Nasty Boy Build:  http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo