[Healeys] Fwd: 3rd Brake LIght

Bob Johnson bjsbj8 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 11:33:31 MDT 2012

I followed a friend with a 50's Roller through town a couple of weeks ago.
That massive car has tail/brake lights that are probably the same as the
early Healeys. They are so low and so dim that I have suggested to him that
he look into some kind of third light option. With the sun coming off the
corner of his bumper, it completely blocked any hint of light on one side
which left only the one light on the other side that was only sonewhat
noticable. Following a Healey is not too dissimilar. I went to AutoZone and
bought 2 12" led flexible lights that have a glue on back. Mounted them end
to end between the trunk lid hinges where the strands fit nicely. If I were
doing it over, I would actually mount them higher, but thats another day.
They show up very well and also make my wife happier because there is now a
higher and brighter light on the rear. That is a bonus. BTW, I mounted them
when the car was pos ground by simply wiring them backwards. Connected them
both to the left brake light (BJ8). When I swapped to neg ground, just
reversed the wiring. Also they can be taken off at any time without any
trouble.

Bob Johnson
BJ8