[Healeys] Help with BT7 (new thread - I got bounced again!!!!!)

Per Schoerner healeyguy at bredband.net
Wed Aug 29 17:18:36 MDT 2012

Hi
With the risk of sticking my chin out now I think I will change the
statement to say that only BN4:s had the information about overdrive/non
overdrive in the VIN. And a rule is not a rule if there are no
deviations to it, so in line with that sometimes this letter is omitted.
As a matter of fact, yesterday I looked at a 100/6 that didn't have an
overdrive. I even drove it around the block. That's true.
Have never encountered a big Healey without overdrive, although I have
seen several 100/6:es that were born without it, but have later been
equipped with it.
This car had an unusual speedometer, normally these cars have SN6105/06
with tpi value of 1525. This car had SN6155/19 with tpi value of 1020.
Graded in Miles Per Hour, of course. That belongs to a 3000 without
overdrive. So there is the proof that 3000 could come without overdrive,
although I have never seen any.
I am sure that this car must be the ONLY big Healey in Sweden without an
overdrive.

Per