[Healeys] Help with BT7 (new thread - I got bounced again!!!!!)

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Wed Aug 29 13:47:57 MDT 2012

I have several cars in the BJ8 registry that were not equipped with heaters
and/or overdrive from the factory.  Most cars that did not have overdrive
were Home market cars or were Personal Export Delivery cars ordered without
overdrive. I suppose typical driving distances in the UK were short enough
that overdrive wasn't thought necessary and some PED owners didn't want to
spend the extra money for the option.  One PED car went to Canada without a
heater (B-R-R-R!), one non-PED car without heater went to Hawaii, one went
to Singapore.  Relative to the total cars built, cars without heaters and
overdrive were rare, but those were still optional items.

The "O" and "S" in the VINs of earlier models were not included in 3000s
because of a change in VIN format.  Earlier cars had a VIN of the form
BN4L.... With the introduction of the BN7/BT7, an "H" was added to the front
of the VIN to signify "Healey" and the "O" and "S" was dropped.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA