[Healeys] Lever shock height

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Sun Aug 26 05:49:05 MDT 2012

Never thought of that with my BJ8, but when I jack up the front of my E-Type, and then lower it--it sits quite a bit higher.  It has torsion bars up front.  Takes a drive back and forth on the driveway to go back to normal height.

tom

---- Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:

Theoretically, shocks don't set ride height ... springs do.

However, I've noticed after having my BJ8 up on jackstands it seems to sit high--esp. in the front--when lowered, then it settles after a couple blocks on the road. I attribute this more to the suspension bushings settling in, even if you've set the proper 2" space before tightening everything up.

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA