[Healeys] Lever shock height

Charlie Baldwin mgcharlie at comcast.net
Sat Aug 25 20:21:36 MDT 2012

John,

I don't think that is right.
Did you follow the instructions in the workshop manual?  Section L.5,
under 'Replace', number (3) says "The assembly must next be set in the
normal loaded position.  This can be accomplished by placing a distance
piece between the shock absorber wishbone arm and the upper spring plate
at a point opposite the rubber buffer.  The length of the distance piece
must be 2 in."   This is done before tightening everything up.
If you don't do that all of your new rubber bushings will get twisted
too much and it will destroy them.
So you need to take the weight off of it, loosen everything up and set
it in the loaded position as described.  Then retighten and put the
weight back on it.

Charlie
'62 BT7