[Healeys] Setting SU HD Carburettors

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 08:14:51 MDT 2012

Thanks Steve.

Yes I realised your procedures are for 'Healey' HD8's or model AUD 124 to
be precise. No other HD8 is listed for the MkIII so I imagine that most
every BJ8 owner will have HD8s without the throttle adjusting screws and
can use your instructions. (Also I see no reference to throttle adjusting
screws for any H or HS type carbs).

The extra adjusting screw on my carbs confused me and a few others who have
looked at them. I would like to ascertain whether they are original or
whether a PO added them. Next time I'm at a classic car car show I'll be
looking at Jaguar carbs very closely to see if I can spot any  similar to
mine!

Derek