[Healeys] Setting SU HD Carburettors

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Sat Aug 18 07:14:15 MDT 2012

Derek, the procedures I wrote are titled:  "Adjustment of the HD8 Carburetor
for the BJ8".  There was no attempt to include procedures for any other
model of HD8 carburetor used on any other car.  Although I did not know that
HD8s of other models were used on Aston Martins, Jaguars, etc., I presume
most people on our list who are interested in the procedures have a Healey
and the AUD124s.  If a car has HD8 carbs from a non-BJ8, then the procedures
probably do not apply to them - at least, in a way so as to avoid confusion.
Having been involved in developing technical procedures and manuals
throughout my engineering career, I know that when too many different models
are covered by the same manual, there is a lot of opportunity for the
procedures to become more confusing than helpful.  I found that true of the
SU manual and that was my motivation for re-writing the procedures.
Originally, I did it for my own use.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry