[Healeys] Setting SU HD Carburettors

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 01:43:00 MDT 2012

Steve,

It seems that not all HD8 carburettors are not the same. For instance the
ones installed on some Aston Martins did not have the slow run valve but
did have the throttle adjusting screws. My HD8 carbs have throttle
adjusting screws (not to be confused with the fast idle screws, which I
also have). The instructions I quoted from are in the SU Workshop Manual in
the section for HD carbs so it seems throttle screws must have been
installed on some of them).

Has anyone else out there seen any HD8s with the throttle screws. (ie with
4 adjusting screws in total). Until I see a few others its possible that
someone added them on mine at a later date. As they are there I am
following the instructions and closing the slow run valves and using the
throttle screws for adjustment.

Derek