[Healeys] pre-lube bearings b/4 startup

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Aug 14 14:03:05 MDT 2012

I would fill up the engine with engine oil to the brim, i.e. oil filler
cap, leave for a while, remove all spark plugs, rotate the engine
slowly, not on the starter, once or twice, than drain the oil to the max
on the dipstick. , quirt some penetrating oil in the bores and crank the
engine on the starter without plugs until there is oil pressure, refit
the plugs and fire up the engine. Beware as there will be quite a lot of
smoke (burned/vaporised oil) emerging from the exhaust
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

--
Kees Oudesluijs
Dorpsstraat 183
E: coudesluijs at chello.nl

Technische commissie Jensen Healey en GT
Het Jensen Genootschap Holland
www.jensenholland.nl