[Healeys] Overdrive Engaging on its own.

Richard Kahn tahoehealey at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 2 14:04:14 MDT 2012

Short in the dash switch? Start by disconnecting the wires to the switch and
see if it shuts of.  If it doesn't I'd disconnect the wires at the OD solenoid
and look for shut off. If still engaged, the problem is in the OD unit, the
piston is not returning. IT IS IMPORTANT NOT TO PUT THE CAR IN REVERSE WITH
THE OD ENGAGED! Others may have other ideas.
Rich Kahn