[Healeys] Overdrive Engaging on its own.

Ross Maylor rvmaylor at shaw.ca
Thu Aug 2 12:59:33 MDT 2012

Gents

I have ventured into the archives and found a lot of great info with
directions on how to troubleshoot the overdrive. I will be start down that
path this weekend. The overdrive on my 58 BN6 engages on it's own in 2nd and
3rd when backing off on the gas. Sometimes it stays in overdrive and prevents
the use of reverse.
>From these symptoms do you have suggestions where to start?
Will driving the car with the overdrive engaging on it's own cause any further
maladies?

Thanks
Ross Maylor
Calgary Canada