[Healeys] Which electronic ignition?

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 05:10:29 MDT 2012

Hi all,

I am planning to finally switch to electronic ignition. (Rich, I hope we
can still be friends!)

I was wondering what the worldwide received wisdom was re the different
types that are available. Seems the choice is:

1. Petronix (Very widely used in the US)

2. Ignitor (seems to be cheap to buy so does that mean it's cheap!)

3. Luminition ( has an external power module)

4. 1-2-3 Ignition system. Most expensive, but looks impressive.

Would appreciate hearing for those that have switched to any of the above.

BTW - I have posted photos of Rich's restoration of a very early
Longrbridge BN4. These will be updated as work progresses.
See   http://www.healeysix.net/Restoration.htm

cheers
Derek
www.healeysix.net