[Healeys] Which electronic ignition?

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Mon Apr 16 05:23:46 MDT 2012

Lumenition Optronic is the one with the external box, the Lumenition
Magnetronic or Magtronic, not sure, is similar to the Petronics and
Ignitor. It depends how cheap the Ignitor is but you can always give it
a try if cheap enough. If it fails, to bad, you should have spend more
on a Petronics. If it keeps alive, congratulations. The Lumenition
Magtronic may not always reliable as I have heard of many failures,
however these are possibly due to incorrect fitting.
Make sure that the overal resistance over the terminals is 3 Ohms or
higher unless stated otherwise. Many coils with resistor (wire) are 1,5
Ohms and the resistor (wire) also 1,5 Ohms. In these cases fit the
electr. ignition over coil and resistor wire and disconnect the short
from the starter solenoid. If there is a coil only it may be 3 Ohms and
you can connect the electr. ignition directly over the coil.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Kees Oudesluijs