[Healeys] Sump oil pump

Rich Chrysler richchrysler at quickclic.net
Sun Oct 30 18:26:17 MST 2011

John,

The twin gear pump from your BT7 will have two places that can wear. The
most prone is the bottom end plate which is aluminum and it's had a pair of
steel gears spinning on its surface for all its life. This action tends to
cause a milling action that can wear twin circular grooves in the softer
aluminum end plate. Back in the day, it was common for BMC to recondition
these pumps by simply milling that end surface smooth and flat again. So
much for that end wear.
In addition the twin steel gears can wear slightly against each other and
are readily available and can simply be dropped into the original pump body.

Job done, wear eliminated.

Rich