[Healeys] Sump oil pump

John Harper ah at jharper.demon.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 01:00:37 MST 2011

John

Adding to what Rich has said, the 100 pump is very similar. However even
though the bottom can be machined to take the grooves out of the bottom
aluminium plate it is also likely that the end float of the gears will
be greater than the recommended 0.003". Although there does not appear
to be grooves in the top of the housing there is still wear in some
cases where the gears run. Gravity should eliminate this but this does
not appear to be the case. Therefore it might be that you have to also
machine the housing. I assume that the grooves are due to debris getting
into the pump.

Although I would not necessarily recommend this I have successfully
'machined' both faces using abrasive paste on a sheet of thick plate
glass.

Best regards

--
John Harper