[Healeys] Sump oil pump

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 18:23:45 MST 2011

John -

Several bad reviews on this list about County pumps.

If your pump is still within spec, I'd leave it, and put it back in.  Main
issue is scoring on the housing, and if there's no scoring, there won't be
a need to replace it.

You can pull it apart to inspect, it's a very simple set up.  two gears and
two housing halves.  Check for scoring, and also check to make sure the
gear peg holes aren't out of round.

If driving on the street, you can replace with the earlier rotary vane
pump, which is marginally better for street use - I don't think County
makes the rotary vane type.

Alan