[Healeys] Overdrive solenoid

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Mon Oct 3 15:04:26 MDT 2011

Piet,

Sounds like your diagnosis is correct.

I bought a new solenoid years ago from Mike Salter, who had come across a batch at a fair price. Since I have a replacement the original insists on working fine after 170K miles. It's a Lucas part; I suspect all the usual suspects will have the same thing so you can probably order based on price, convenience, etc. (just make sure the vendor has a fair return policy in case the part is wrong or defective).

Bob

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA