[Healeys] Overdrive solenoid

Pieter and Linda pieters at pt.lu
Mon Oct 3 10:52:26 MDT 2011

I did and I ran for a while with a test light connected between the solenoid
wire and earth. When the O/D cuts in and out the light remains steady which to
me indicates that it is not an interruption in the power supply to the
solenoid itself.
Piet
On 03/10/2011, at 6:44 PM, Bob Spidell wrote:

> Did you check/change the switch?  All the wiring and connections to the
O/D?

> Bob
>
> --------------------------------
> Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

now and I have checked everything I can. Oil pressure is good, oil level is
good. I have checked and cleaned filters. Checked and filed the relay points.
Adjusted, checked and rechecked the solenoid adjustment. I don't know a way of
checking the internal solenoid switch of the strength of the smaller field
coils. Hence my question,
> Pieter
> On 03/10/2011, at 6:16 PM, Bob Spidell wrote:
>
> re: "My only suspect it the solenoid"
>
> Why the rush to judgement without diagosis?  The shop manual has a good
diagnostic sequence.

> Had similar symptoms on my BJ8 a few years ago.  Tracked it to the O/D
relay--courtesy of the manual--and filed the points and the problem went away
(you can carefully open up the relay to inspect the points).  That's an
easy/free check.