[Healeys] Tires redux

Editorgary at aol.com Editorgary at aol.com
Wed May 5 15:05:40 MDT 2010

One more comment in the mix. The wider the tires, in my experience having
driven on a lot of different cars) and the stickier the tread compound, the
more likely the car will feel squirrely on rain grooves (it's call
tram-lining, incidentally, in the motor press, going back to when tires would get hung
up in the trolley tracks). That's one of the reasons I prefer a higher,
narrower tire for the Healey, with a harder compound. Folks who choose to run
185s, or worse, 205s, may think they look cool, but they are imho buying
trouble.

Cheers
Gary