[Healeys] Tires redux

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Wed May 5 16:14:30 MDT 2010

I agree with Gary, I know it may be a matter of opinion and what you want, but I have found my classic British cars have performed and "felt" better on a narrower tire close to manufactures spec.  In addition to the noted squirrely wandering if you explore the limits with the wider tire you are more likely to get more severe roll and suspension angles than with the narrow tire, maybe a slightly higher overall limit, but a lighter feel to the steering and more of a confident, and I can control it (and have fun with it) if I get a little bit of a slide feel with 165s.

YMMV

Greg Lemon