[Healeys] Heater Question

Robert Bender rbender9 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jun 30 20:48:27 MDT 2010

I have begun restoring the heater from my BJ7.  Unfortunately, when I began
cleaning up the heater control bezel, I noticed it has a crack in it.  When I
began looking at replacements, I was surprised to find that the text on all of
these units was very different from mine.   My bezel has (in horizontal
letters) "PUSH" above the knob on the left and "AIR" below it.  The right knob
says "PULL TO INCREASE" above and "DEMIST" below.  However, all the
replacements have (in letters curved above the knobs) "COLD AIR" on the left
and "AIR FROM HEATER" on the right.  I never noticed this before.  Does anyone
recognize my old heater bezel?  Was it ever used on a 3000?
Thanks,
Bob