[Healeys] Speaking of generators

Curt/Nancy Arndt cnaarndt at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 08:53:25 MDT 2010

Jim,

I agree with Rich's theory on the generator, and is a plausible explanation.

It would be interesting to check the date of said generator to see if it
corresponds with the production date of your car.  All Lucas electrical
parts from the period were dated with the month and the year, e.g. in the
case of my BN1 built on 11 Jan. '55 the Lucas parts range from 9 54 to 12
54.  This corresponds to other cars I've worked on and observed over the
years, with there typically being a range of about 1 to 4 months prior to
the build date on *most* Lucas parts.

BTW the Concours judging standards DO NOT take into account the date of your
Lucas parts, so everyone, please don't start searching for not only the
correct part number but the date too.  Way to frustrating and time consuming
as well as expensive and not required.

Cheers,

Curt