[Healeys] Speaking of generators

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 05:22:04 MDT 2010

I had a similar conversation (in the early 1980's) with an original
employee of Larke Hoskins, the original distributor of BN1's, and
later Healeys,  and Bugeye Sprites in Australia.
He told me exactly the same thing happened with starter motors,
generators, and front shocks. Mostly black, some shocks were
unpainted  Those items, and exhausts, were the most common components
replaced before Healeys were 'delivered' to dealers by the Australian
distributor, after a sea voyage to Australia.
Of course, later on, Sprites were CKD kits assembled here, using
Australian components (e.g Lucas Australia built voltage regulators).
I also love interesting trivia.
Sincerely.
Chris