[Healeys] The Sebring Streamlined 100-Sixs - another piece of interesting info for consideration.

Joe and Lenore Armour sebring at illawarra.hotkey.net.au
Sun Jun 6 08:24:05 MDT 2010

Derek Job wrote:

>..
>
>Information about the race entries states that car number 23 was AHS 3804. A
>very interesting statement but it hasn't yet been 100% proven.
>

>Any comments?
>
>Derek
>www.healeysix.net
>______________________

The listing from 'TIME AND TWO SEATS' by Janos Wiffen has race no. 23 as
chassis no. 3804,

also no. 24 as Austin Healey 100.S
also no. 25 as Austin Healey 100.S Special

Wiffen has a total of 2255 pages over two volumes dedicated to recording
sports car racing.

We also have these cars listed in Ken Breslaurer's book on the history
of Sebring as engine capacity of  2680cc and model as 100/6 .
Publicity wish Healeys no doubt wanted to push the current model - 100/6.

In 'BAHAMA SPEED WEEKS' by Terry O'Neil for December 1956 races lists
No. 11 Austin Healey 100/6 to be driven by Stirling Moss and I quote the
text " It would also appear that an Austin Healey BN2 long nosed car
with 100/6 specification was at Nassau, described as the Bonneville
record breaker. It is pictured in Tom Burnside's book American Racing"

At the same event was Austin Healey chassis No. 3804 driven by P Stiles .

Joe