[Healeys] I thought that this was amusing - NO LBC CONTENT

Len and/or Marge Hartnett thehartnetts at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 5 17:45:01 MDT 2010

Not speed trap related but driving ignorance.  I would love to have the
ticket concession at the intersection of Nut Tree Parkway and Ulatis Drive
here in Vacaville.

It is against state law to make a turn against a red arrow traffic light.
As you approach this intersection westbound, there are two signs before the
intersection that say "NO TURN ON RED".  There is a third sign hanging
beside the traffic lights over the roadway.  Yet drivers regularly make a
right turn against the red light.  Sometimes there is a motorcycle officer
there and I am sure that if he had a quota (I'm not saying, mind you....),
he would easily exceed it quickly.

A resident of Petaluma had the audacity to write a letter to the editor of
the local newspaper complaining about the ($375) ticket he got and vowing to
boycott Vacaville and the factory stores he came to visit.  Not only did he
get the ticket for breaking the law, he publicized his lack of knowledge of
the law for all to see.

By the way, I have not seen any Healey drivers make this mistake! (Healey
content added)

(The Other) Len
Vacaville, CA, USA
1967 AH 3000 MkIII, HBJ8L39031