[Healeys] Overheating Healey (closed system)

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Jul 27 08:40:07 MDT 2010

If you fit an airtight radiator cap and an overflow bottle with the
connection at the bottom, or a hose going in from the top but nearly
reaching the bottom, fill up around half way, the radiator will expell
the air and some coolant into the overflow bottle when heating up. After
cooling down it will suck back in coolant, no air, which in due time
will fill up the radiator 100%, if you keep the overflow bottle at half
level for a while.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL

Tom Felts wrote:
> FWIW, on my E-Type, it will ALWAYS overflow if you keep filling it up to the top.  What it wants to do, and what I let it do, is to boil off until it reaches the level it wants--then I do not add more water unless to bring it to that point only.
>
> tom

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of coudesluijs.vcf]