[Healeys] off by 3/16"

Greg Mandas gmandas at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 11:19:11 MDT 2010

Let's look at the other end. Could the problem be the bracket, moss part #121, p.44 spring/summer 2010 catalogue, holding #79.  On my 65 phase 2 the bracket holds #79 bearing, Which looks more like a gromet,  1 inch from the firewall. Also on mine there is a brass bushing on the linkage between the lever arm and #79. This bushing slides in and out of #79 as I move the linkage fore and aft.

Don't ask why my linkage moves fore and aft so much. On mine the nylon bracket broke and there must not have been any available because what's there is the remanents of some shadetree handywork.

Greg

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse typos and brevity.