[Healeys] off by 3/16"

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sun Jul 25 19:09:38 MDT 2010

Greg -

That's what the two circlips are for use with the throttle shaft in the
nylon bracket.  It is smart to purchase two nylon brackets, keep one in your
glovebox as a spare just in case the one on the intake manifold breaks.
 Incidentally, the slop in your throttle is potentially very very bad - you
don't want your throttle stuck wide open, you can fry your motor or pull a
Prius unless you know what you are doing.

Incidentally, I recommend to all that the throttle linkage on your cars
should absolutely positively be completely sorted per factory / shop manual
with all slop taken out - depending on the car's condition it'll take
somewhere between an hour to 4 hours - and you will be shocked at how much
power your car has at full throttle.

Alan