[Healeys] Big Healey Race Engine Question

Fred Crowley fredcrowley at teamhealeytexas.com
Wed Jul 21 21:15:08 MDT 2010

Folks,

This is directed primarily to those who have a race prepped engine in their
car.

I am looking for a replacement for the type of spark plugs that I have been
using for quite a while. The plugs I've been using are Splitfires SF6C. These
plugs are now out of production. A bit disappointing as this particular model
seems to be the correct heat range and have been working well.

My engine (2963cc) runs approximately 12:1 compression, 240# cranking
pressure, 300 degree cam,  cast iron head, and uses 110 Octane race fuel.

Any suggestions for a replacement plug for these engine conditions?

Cheers,

Fred Crowley
Team Healey Texas