[Healeys] water pump

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Thu Jul 22 02:41:56 MDT 2010

A new or rebuild water pump needs bedding in. Often it will leak
slightly for some time untill the seal surfaces have bedded in. Some say
to use water only to speed up the process as coolant is supposedly
providing to much lubrication, but I cannot see any advantage in this.
Just use the proper coolant at all times. I never had any issues.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL