[Healeys] Healey value

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Tue Jan 26 09:23:00 MST 2010

I don't have data to prove it, but I suspect if Healeys were worth 'zero' we wouldn't have many parts suppliers and restorers available to help us out (and most of them would have been scrapped by now anyway). Then, it truly would be a rich man's hobby because you'd have to fabricate anything you needed (like old Duesenbergs). The cars need to have some value beyond intrinsic in order to support the hobby.

I watched a bit of B-J recently--anyone else notice Kurt Tanner bidding on a muscle car (I think)?--it appears the value of the so-called 'customs' (i.e. hot rods) is way down.

bs

Bob Spidell - San Jose, CA

I think it all comes down to whether you own your Healey as an investment
or a because you love the marque. Personally, I wouldn't care if they
were worth zero. The pleasure I get from driving a Healey can't be
measured in dollars. As with anything else, the market and economy will
recover and your "investments" will return to their upward climb. Just
remember, you can't take it with you, so enjoy them while you can. IMHO.

Doug