[Healeys] Headlamp wiring

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Sat Jan 23 07:16:29 MST 2010

Alan,
Theoretically you are right, the wiring when new could have barely
handled 16A, good old Joseph was not known for ample sufficient wiring.
However at that current the loss in Voltage is rather high which means
the bulbs will be less bright.
The wiring is now 40-50 odd years old, some strands in the wire are
probably broken. Plugs, connectors, sockets, switches will be partly
worn, corroded etc. leadind to more resistance and heat build up.
Hence my remarks.
The difference in light output can be amazing and it will save a
possibly difficult to replace original switch.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL