[Healeys] Healey Frame 'add ons'

mark buggy mbuggy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 09:07:08 MDT 2010

Hello,
I recall seeing frame 'add ons' which you could weld to the frame to
strengthen an area of the frame.  Specifically I recall triangle pieces that
are welded in the cross area.  My BJ8 has the common sag in the middle,
which makes operating the doors less than perfect.  This car is definitely a
candidate for a new frame, but there's no way i'm going that direction.  My
thought was to jack up the car to the point where the doors operate
correctly and then weld in these frame strengthening 'add ons'.  Hopefully
this should change the memory of the frame.
Anyone know of companies that sell these?

Thanks, Mark
'67 BJ8