[Healeys] Champions(again)

BJ8 Healeys sbyers at ec.rr.com
Mon Sep 28 10:29:15 MDT 2009

And based on Robert's question, I would just like to take yet again another
opportunity to plug a main benefit of listing your car in a registry.
Have you noticed how frequently questions like Robert's come up on the list?
Most Healey owners are interested in the previous history of their cars, but
how does what you know about your car get recorded and preserved if not in a
registry?  None of us get to keep them forever, and some owner 10 or 15
years from now might like to know that you existed in the history of your
car.  They might even like to try to get in touch with you to learn your
experiences from your time as the car's caretaker.
Yes, you can pass the record on to the next owner yourself; but what
guarantees that he/she will preserve it and pass it on, etc.?

If the previous owner(s) of Robert's car had entered the car into the
Hundred Registry, it would be there for him today.

Steve Byers
HBJ8L/36666
BJ8 Registry
Havelock, NC  USA