[Healeys] Champions(again)

robertduquette at sympatico.ca robertduquette at sympatico.ca
Mon Sep 28 11:19:48 MDT 2009

Most of what I do know comes from Rich, the PO, and the Ontario Ministry of
Transportation ( which gives a list of previous owners ).  In my case, I have
the names of the past 4 owners ( or is it 3? :) )  It seemed to me that Rich
has the history of the car's ownership from '86 as well.  And also some
stories, though I think they are stored in his mind.  I've written a letter to
someone with the same last name and first initial in the town recorded asking
for more info if he's the person.  I got no response. :(

The registry is a great starting point, and I'm all for it.  But people move,
change email addresses, etc.  It doesn't store pictures or record service
history.

On Saturday, I was cleaning cars on my driveway, and as always happens ( I
live on a busy street ) I had 2 people drop in on me to talk.  The first guy
is looking for a 1500 Spitfire engine, if anyone can help him.  He thinks he
dropped a rod.  The second guy said that he used to live in the neighbourhood
a long time ago and he handed me a black and white photo of himself at 10
years of age in 1958 and told me that he thought I might be interested in it.
I was.  In the background was my house that I've been in for 10 years as the
second owner.  The trees were certainly smaller and I couldn't make out what
was in the garage.  :)

I would love to see pictures of my car in the past and hear about what's been
done to it to keep it alive this long.  I figure the likelihood of someone (
other than Rich ) on the list knowing the car personally is next to nil,
unless someone here has formerly owned it or restored it.  You always miss
100% of the shots that you don't take, so I figured that I would put it out
there, just in case.

Thanks!
Robert